Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake



I was at my mom’s house and noticed her BH&G magazine sitting on the table – on the front cover it had a picture of this pie that just looked out of this world. I flipped the pages and couldn’t believe what it was called – PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE!!! What more could I ask for? Three of my favorite things! I had Thanksgiving for the IL’s at my house this past year and I just had to make it. Everyone raved about it! It’s April and I’m craving this pie!

1 frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust
12 oz. cream cheese, softened (1-1/2 8-oz. pkgs.)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate or miniature chocolate pieces
1 15-oz. can pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 sp. pumpkin pie spice
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
Chopped chocolate (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg; beat on low speed until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture in cooled pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.

In bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice. Stir in 4 eggs. Gradually stir in half-and-half. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture on chocolate layer. To prevent over browning, cover pie edge with foil.

Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hour. Top with chopped chocolate.

Note: Your pie will be very full – most of the time I cannot put all of both fillings into the crust. Just use your judgment so that the pie will be evenly filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment